Baked Lemon Chicken
Prep Time: 195 minutes (180 minutes in refrigerator)
Cook Time: 60 minutes
Makes 8 servings
Part of Live Fit and Healthy's Menu Plan
This is a lemony healthy chicken recipe that easy to prepare and cook. Your family will devour it! Brown rice and carrots go well with this chicken. I also serve a side of simple spinach salad.
1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
2 medium garlic cloves ,minced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp black pepper
2 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cooking spray
- In a bowl, mix lemon juice, soy sauce, garlic, salt, ginger and black pepper. Pour half the mixture into a large storage bag.
- Add the chicken to the storage bag and refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Preheat oven 325°F.
- Coat rack of roasting pan with cooking spray.
- Remove the chicken from the storage bag and discard the marinade; transfer the chicken roasting pan.
- Bake the chicken for 1 hour at 325°F or until internal temperature reaches at least 180°F.
- While chicken is cooking, pour the remaining 1/2 of the marinade (not the portion you used with the chicken as you already threw that away) into a sauce pan. Heat on medium high heat until reduced.
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice chicken, pour the lemon mixture over the chicken and serve.
Serving Size: 4 oz
Total Carbs 1.5 g
Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
Sugars 0.2 g
Total Fat 1.7 g
Saturated Fat 0.4 g
Unsaturated Fat 1.3 g
Potassium 374.5 mg
Protein 30.2 g
Sodium 421.6 mg
Dietary Exchanges: 4 Very Lean Meat
Weight Watchers Points Plus -
WEIGHT WATCHERS and PointsPlus® are the registered trademarks of Weight Watchers International, Inc. The points information was calculated using Weight Watchers calculator but this recipe nor site is endorsed by weight watchers.
We hope you enjoy this and other healthy recipes.
As always, Live Fit and Healthy!